Calendar & News
Library & Genealogy
"Way We Were" Criteria
Give to HSCC
These guidelines are for the narrative that each organization will provide for the compainon publication that will be part of the collabrative exhibit on Schools and Education set to open in November of 2009.
Type of information requested for narrative:
- Town incorporation and educational plans.
- First schools:
- First school district organization and school houses.
- Building evolution: What happen to these buildings - additions, fires, moves, etc.
- School advancements: Types of buildings, district changes, laws/rules for teacher and student conduct, etc.
- How did your current school evolve.
- Information on private academies and/or high school in your town.
- Good stories, personal accounts, and/or quotes that support any of the information above.
- Fact Sheet on each school: Year built; how was it used; how long was it used; locations; grades that used the school; last used; current use if still standing; other particulars.
- List of available photographs and to whom to give credit.
- Bibliography: List any sources, primary and secondary, you used to write your town's narrative.
If you have any questions, please contact Tom Haynes by email or at 352-1895.